Bad news for Real Madrid as star player says he may not be fit for final

It appears reggae might be mixing with Real Madrid’s blues as star player Gareth Bale admits he isn’t 100% fit for the Champions League final against Juventus in his home town, Cardiff on Saturday. Bale has spent the most part of the season with the club’s physicians but has returned to full training which could hand him a start against the Italian club.

The return of Bale to training has sprung a debate on who should start against Juventus, with Isco, the other candidate, after strings of impressive performances. Bale, who could easily be confused as a Nigerian legislator with his many days of absence, says he is not ready yet.

“I am not 100 percent, I haven’t played for six or seven weeks,” Bale said. “I obviously had my operation which still really hasn’t recovered. I have been playing with a lot of pain, even when I came back I was taking tablets to get through games and training.

“The last six or seven weeks have enabled me to rest my ankle a bit and really try to get it a bit better, and obviously recover from the [calf muscle] injury which it caused. I am not 100 percent, but I have been working hard, double sessions the last few weeks, to get myself as ready as I can, whether to start, or to be involved at some point.

“We had a practice game on Saturday so I come through it all unscathed. I feel strong, feel fit, obviously match fitness is a different thing. I obviously have battled hard to get fit for this. Now I feel finally it is healing, it is right there, almost at 100 percent.”

Like a man experiencing Pile, Gareth Bale says he won’t last long.

“If I’m called upon to start, I will start, obviously,” he said. “But to last 90 minutes, I haven’t played a lot of football this year since my operation, so that would be difficult. Obviously Isco has been playing fantastically well for us, in the end of the season, so whatever the manager requires of me I will be there to do it. The most important is to lift that Champions League trophy at the end of the game.”

 

The post Bad news for Real Madrid as star player says he may not be fit for final appeared first on Soccer Nation.



via GET Sportonline
http://ift.tt/2hIJeHj

Popular Posts