Arsenal star out for five more months

Arsenal midfielder Santi Cazorla says he will be out for five months more after suffering a setback in his recovery from injury. He also confirmed he has agreed a new deal, having considered giving up his fight to regain fitness. The Spaniard underwent surgery for an eighth time this week and he has now revealed a return to action is still far away. He has kept the medical staff at Arsenal busy since the departure of Abou Diaby and non-availability of Jack Willshere.

“I have not been given a timeframe for my comeback,” Cazorla said.

“It is very difficult to put a date on it, but I think it will be another five months.

“It has been since October that I last played. I have undergone eight surgeries, the last one Monday. I hope that things go better. I have had complications since November. I got a bacterial infection in surgery, my bone got infected, the wound would not close and I had a graft done.

“It was the worst season of my career. You feel like throwing in the towel, but my desire to play football is above everything.”

The 32-year-old has not featured for Arsenal since a 6-0 Champions League win over Ludogorets in October due to an ankle injury.

The post Arsenal star out for five more months appeared first on Soccer Nation.



via GET Sportonline
http://ift.tt/2hIJeHj

Popular Posts