“My soldier father did not want me to play football” – Wilfred Ndidi

Leicester City midfielder, Wilfred Ndidi says he went against the wishes of his parents in becoming a professional footballer. If not because Wilfred Ndidi’s father is a soldier, we would have said he lives under a rock but we won’t say it so that soldiers won’t storm our office. At a time and age when parents encourage their wards to play football, Wilfred’s dad did not want him to play football. We won’t blame the old man, he probably did not know how talented Wilfred is, but we are sure he is convinced and in full support of Wilfred’s career now.

“My family were not really into football,” he said

“My dad watched it on the television but he didn’t want me to play football. He is a soldier, but he didn’t want me to follow in his footsteps, he just wanted me to go to school.

“I did miss out on some school because of football. When I moved to Nath Boys academy then I started to miss out on some of my schooling.

“My family haven’t been over to see me play yet. They only see it on TV.”

The 20-year-old Nigeria international joined the Premier League champions from Belgian side Genk in January and has been a first-team regular since.

The post “My soldier father did not want me to play football” – Wilfred Ndidi appeared first on Soccer Nation.



via GET Sportonline
http://ift.tt/2hIJeHj

Popular Posts