Bellerin: 3-4-3 has not favoured me

Arsenal right-back Hector Bellerin says the formation switch to 3-4-3 by Arsene Wenger has not favoured him. Bellerin was Wenger’s first-choice at right-back for nearly three seasons after breaking into the first team but saw his playing time limited after the manager switched to three at the back towards the end of last season, with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain preferred at wing-back. They don’t play 3-4-3 at Barcelona, just saying.

“This season is about just making sure that I can hold my spot,” Bellerin told the Arsenal Weekly Podcast. “It’s been a tough season for the club and for me personally as well.

“I’ve been through a few injuries, and changing the system hasn’t favoured me in the last few games. But obviously that is football, nothing comes easy and we have to adapt to every single situation.”

He however says the competition for places will make him a better player.

“It’s really important to have someone in competition for your position. Because that’s the way to make each other a better player,” he said. “Sometimes when you don’t have that competition you can relax and you can feel really comfortable, like I don’t really have to train hard because I’m going to play anyway.

Bellerin joined Arsenal from Barcelona’s academy as a 16-year-old and the La Liga giants have reportedly shown an interest this summer but Arsenal have made it clear that the Spain international isn’t for sale.

The post Bellerin: 3-4-3 has not favoured me appeared first on Soccer Nation.



via GET Sportonline
http://ift.tt/2hIJeHj

Popular Posts